With the weather warming up, and the festive season just around the corner, we are all in need of some time to relax and unwind. What better way to do that than with an afternoon spent at our clifftop hideaway? This summer, treat yourself to a refreshing cocktail on our outdoor terrace with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean.
Expert Food and Beverage Director Niels Sluiman has worked over the years to carefully curate a bar menu that offers a variety signature cocktails. Today he lets us in on his secret to the perfect summer thirst quencher.
“When creating a cocktail I take inspiration from the seasons and our surroundings here at the beautiful Whale Beach,” says Niels.
The Rose Marine cocktail is new to the menu this summer and is a modern take on a margarita using gin and rosemary. “This is my new favourite cocktail for the season. It’s refreshing and smoky with herbal flavours. It’s definitely a summery cocktail for the ladies but it makes for some dangerously easy drinking!”
Enjoy this recipe paired with dishes from our terrace menu such as freshly shucked Sydney Rock oysters and mignonette or pan seared Tasmanian scallops with pickled fennel and parsley dressing.
Rose Marine Cocktail Recipe
– Bombay Sapphire Gin
– Jonah’s house made rosemary syrup
– Freshly squeezed lime juice
– Freshly cut rosemary
1. Chill the cocktail glass
2. At Jonah’s we use a house made rosemary syrup with rosemary that’s grown in our garden. You can make this at home by boiling 1 part water with 1 part sugar until it forms a syrup. Then infuse it with fresh rosemary.
3. Pour 45ml gin, 15ml freshly squeezed lime juice, and 15ml rosemary syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice
4. Shake well
5. Strain into the chilled glass and add freshness by garnishing with a squeeze of lime and a sprig of rosemary